Monday, May 23, 2011

Women of Faith May 2011

Women of Faith was awesome again this year.  We had different participants but had a wonderful time.  We left at 7 A.M. Friday morning.  Cindy D. Diane B. Laura C. and I.  We met Laura's Sister Diane at Wells Fargo.  This year we had two Dianes . Last year we had two Amandas and we have had two Cindys.  The weather was drizzling outside but lots of sunshine and hope inside the car and in the arena.  Sheila Walsh and Dr. Henry Cloud were the Friday speakers.   I hope I never forget that I need some good monkeys in my cage.  Ask me sometime and  I will be glad to explain.  We all enjoyed the presentation.  Sometimes I think I learn more from the daytime teaching than from the rest of the conference.  We could not get rooms at the Quality Inn this year so stayed at the Marriott, but thanks to Diane W. we only had to walk back once.  She and Laura came and picked us up.  Thanks Diane.   We ate supper at the hotel and it was pretty good.  Not the best I've ever had but not the worst either.  This is not the best of picture but it is our group.  We had very good seats that came with a blessing and a curse. The blessing was they were front row so we had more leg room.  The curse was they were front row so we had to climb all the steps.  I should have counted but didn't.   All our knees were sore by the time we left.
Lucy Swindoll
Sheila Walsh
Nicole Johnson


They have split the original groups of speakers into two groups.  I guess the idea is to reach more cities in the amount of time they have.  But I  miss the old group.  They also had some new speakers.  One in particular touched every one's heart.  Her name is Angie Smith and her husband sings with the group Selah.  They had lost a baby daughter 3 years ago and it was just heart warming how they handled it.  If you get a chance look them up online.  She writes a blog (audreycaroline.blogspot.com)   I haven't had a chance to get there yet but I am sure it will be a good one to follow.   Of course we had to stop at the five and diner on the way home. That has become a tradition for us  No one was ready for the week end to end.  It seams to go so quickly.  Until next year.