Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flordia Vacation Day 6 Epcot

We were ready and waiting for the time share presentation.  They picked us up at 10:15 along with an older couple.  The wife said the husband had dementia and the wife could barely walk even with at cane.  The driver of the mini van scared me the whole ride.  He talked on his cell phone the whole time and changed lanes on a whim.  But to his credit he got us there in one piece and on time.  We got out and went to the  door and it was closed.  .  We found out the place was closed for the day so the driver took us back to the welcome center and we went to talk to the people.  The other couple was leaving early Thursday morning and they thought we were too so they couldn't schedule us for another presentation.  Yea!  God is good.  We high tailed it out of there and were on our way to Epcot in minutes.   Our hotel (thanks to the upgrade) was only 1 mile from Epcot so it didn't take us long to get there.  Had to have pictures of the famous silver ball.
A Donald and Daisy topiary greeted us as we came in.

 We started our world tour in Mexico and it was pretty cool. 
We took a ride with the three Amigos and enjoyed the music and sites of Mexico.
After Mexico we went through Norway and come to China.  It was pretty cool.  They had a 360 film that I couldn't watch all of it.   Kind of made me sea sick again.  but what I saw was pretty cool.

The had a model of the Terra Cotta soldiers that was neat to see.  I took a picture with my phone and sent it to Dan.  He texted back and wanted to know what it was.  When I told him he texted back and said he thought it was Connie and I and gotten a sunburn!  LOL
Next on to Germany.  This is a clock where the women chases the man with a pan or rolling pin.  Can't remember which.  We stopped here and had a little sausage on a pretzel roll with mustard.  It was good but the roll was a little dry.  We also split a apple strudel.  Which was yummy!
This is the Trevi fountain in Italy I think.  It doesn't look like the one I remember seeing in Rome.  But I believe that is what it is suppose to be. 
We watched this mime for quite a long time.  He was very funny and involved the audience. 

 This was pretty cool.  They had a drum and fife corps.  They played the anthem of all the branches of the armed forces.  Here they are reenacting the famous pose during WWII.  Then we went inside to listen of an Capella group (the Liberty Singers) sing and then on to watch a  .... I'm not sure what to call it.  I was going to say film but they had mannequins in true Disney style that did some soliloquy's.  I didn't realize they were mannequins until the horse came out.   Very interesting and made me very proud to be an American.  I couldn't help but wonder what the people of other nationality's thought of it.  It talked about all the wars and it wasn't always flattering about the foreign countries.    But I enjoyed it quite a lot.
Next we went through Japan to Morocco where we watched the group  called Mo'Rockin.  The belly dancer was really good.  and thin.
After Morocco we went to France.  We had a yummy crepe.  Mine was chocolate and I think Connie's was apple.  We went from France to the United Kingdom.  This is a replica of Anne Hathaway's house (William Shakespeare's wife)  It does look like the real thing. 
Some people we met at the Mo'Rockin show told us about some guys from Canada who did a really good show.  They are called Off Kilter and played in Kilts as you can see and played a bag pipe.  They  played really good rock and roll.  You can't believe that a bag pipe would make rock sound so cool!

After we finished our whirl wind world tour (say that fast three times) we went to see if we could find Nemo.  As you can see we did find him.     We boarded our very own Clammobile and toured the seas.  It was a cute ride and gave us a change to sit for a while.  The bad part was the little clams never stopped and I am not very good a hopping on a moving ride.  How ever we made it fine.                              

 We were going to eat with Nemo at the Coral Reef restaurant but no one told us we needed to make reservations early in the day and it was a 45 minute wait.  We decided to start walking back and see what we could find that was close.  Mexico turned out to be our nearest neighbor  and the wait wasn't very long so we decided to eat there.  We really didn't have to wait long but the menu was pretty limited and most every dish had peppers (yuck).  I finally decided on chicken with a mole sauce and I now know I don't like mole sauce.  It was a very expensive lesson.  They bought you chips and salsa like they do here but the salsa burned my mouth so didn't eat that.  I made Connie come with me at the hotel and eat their food after we got back. 
Originally we had planned to stay until the park closed to see the fireworks but after 8 hours of mostly walking we were very tired and after a ride around the park on the monorail we headed for the parking lot and home.   We were only 1 mile from the hotel so didn't pull Becky out but some how we got going the wrong way on the highway.  Connie was driving and it was getting dark.  We finally got turned around and started back the right way and we drove and drove and nothing looked familiar  so I told Connie to pull into this gas station and I would program Becky and she would get us home.  When I did she said to go 2tenths of a mile and turn right.  We were half a block away but couldn't see the hotel.  Glad to be back and after I had supper we turned in and got a good nights sleep for our last full day in Florida.