Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 is in the books.  We had a good time, good food and fun shopping.  Katlin, with a little help from Kyann, made place cards for us.  They traced every ones hand and colored in  the feathers.  If you click on Katlin's (in red at the left of the picture) you can see she went the extra mile.  Actually this is for you Donnie.  It says at the top  "Wish I was a turkey in a tree"  with a picture of a tree. 
Here we are just starting to eat.  Man that looks good.  Wish I had some now. 

How many Thanksgivings can you be outside and enjoy it in Iowa?  We played games out side to work off some of the lunch.  Dan and Kyann are playing in the sandbox while Katlin and I took on Shane and Cindy in a bean bag toss.
I think Katlin and I won this match.  We had a good time.
Ahhhh Black Friday.  3:15 A.M.  We got some good buys but didn't think the adds were as good as some years.  This was the first year in a long time I didn't have to wear my cuddle duds.  Even Cindy shed her coat a few times. 
Here we are standing in line a Menards at 6:47 A.M..  I was really the only place we had to stand in line but you really don't mind because they have it down to a science.  No line butters here.  Katlin is a really good shopper.  She gets in there and dodges and weaves and gets what she wants. Including a bruise on her hip!  We stopped at IHOP for breakfast and then finished up and was home by 9:30.  Cindy and Katlin took Kyann out in the afternoon  I took a nap.